Some "Hey, I'm Still Alive Over Here" Link Blogging
Because it never hurts to remind people, you know? Anyhoo...
- Matthew E. over at Legion Abstract gives just about the best, most thorough answer to that famous question of comicdom, "Where should I start with the Legion of Super-Heroes?", that I've ever seen.
- The Let's Be Friends Again guys' latest Comics, Everybody! at Comics Alliance attempts to make heads or tails out of the long, sad, creepy history of Hank Pym.
- Over at Chris Hardwick's Nerdist, one of the contributors, Kyle Anderson, has been turning out a great series of articles called "Doctor Who for Newbies," breaking down each of the Doctors and their best stories for the uninitiated. He has covered William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, and Tom Baker so far.
- Doctor Who filming in the U.S.? That's just all kinds of cool. And hey, we have friends in Utah. Maybe it's time for a visit? Meanwhile, actress Natalie Morales (Wendy Watson on the too-short-lived The Middleman) is over on the Twitter campaigning for a role. I'm sure every geek in Hollywood is, too, come to think of it, but Morales seems cool, and she was great on Middleman, so I hope she's successful in her quest. So long as she doesn't go all "Sean Young wants to be Catwoman" on us, anyway.
- Not a lot of info out of New York Comic Con that got me terribly excited, but I was psyched to hear that not only is IDW going to put out a Godzilla book, but they also bothered to license other Toho monsters like Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah, which no other American publisher has done before. Nice. Also, more Ruse by Mark Waid? Yes, please. I'll take two.