GTS over at Sentient Force Field tagged me with the 8 True Thing meme.
Here are the rules:
* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (You’re not the boss of me!)
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I'm not gonna do the last two... or instead, I'm gonna pull a page out of the Rock's playbook. Every now and then, when slapped with a last-second tag match, the Rock would take on both members of the opposing team himself, claiming that he was teamed up with "the People." So I'm tagging you in, the People. Play along if the feeling strikes you.
1. I was an extra in the ABC mini-series Stephen King's The Langoliers. I'm even on camera, sort of: at the very end (it's 12 years old, I feel no need for spoiler alerts now) when the cast is coming back in sync with time, you can see the crap-SFX outlines of people walking through the airport terminal. At one point, you see a tall outline in between two shorter outlines. I'm the tall outline; the shorter ones are my friends Cat and Julia.
2. I have never ice skated. Despite growing up in a state where we got a whole damn lot of winter. And I've only ever attempted skiing once, and since it was the one and only time in my life I've done a complete split, I'm not terribly keen on trying again.
3. When I was little, I'd eat tuna mixed with butter. Because I liked it. *shudder* I have this theory that my taste buds were slow to develop, which may also explain why I liked Vienna sausage back then.
4. The first movie I ever saw in a theater was The Empire Strikes Back, waaaaaaaaay back when we were still aloud to call Star Wars movies by their actual titles, not the silly episode numbers (and back when the original Star Wars was still just Star Wars, dammit!).
5. You name a sport, and I can guaran-damn-tee that I suck at it. So I'm really dreading the point in time when Liam wants to go toss a ball - any ball - around.
6. I am currently obsessed with drinking Arnold Palmers. To the point where I filled a pitcher with a carton of Nestea sweetened iced tea and a carton of Minute Maid lemonade so I can have one whenever I want without all the pesky mixing. When obsession and laziness join forces, the end result can't bode well, though it is tasty.
7. My dad was in the hospital for awhile when I was around 5 or 6 years old, and I kept introducing myself to his nurses as Aquaman. I don't even think I understood then why I did this, much less now, but there ya go.
8. I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan, and as such consider Fenway Park to be something akin to a shrine most holy, but as classic stadiums go, I think I prefer Wrigley Field. Better hot dogs, and the seats actually face home plate, not the outfield.