My wife Erin really enjoyed the "10, 9, 8..." meme (or whatever it's really called) and wanted to play, too. Here are her responses:
TEN random things about me:
10. I am an only child, who is best friends with her parents.
9. I am an ATM project manager at Citizens Bank, though I received my Bachelor's degree in German.
8. I loathe crickets. They scare the hell out of me.
7. I spent three weeks in intensive care when I was born.
6. I am obsessed with reality television, including, but not limited to "The Amazing Race," "Survivor," and "Real World/Road Rules Challenges."
5. I have a tendency to speak in extremes, you'll see as you read on.
4. My dad and I used to go on road trips during the summer, when I was a child, so I've seen most of the United States by car.
3. I am 30 weeks pregnant.
2. I have a pair of Dr. Marten's that are one of a kind - Bluish-purple boots with ladybugs - They were a children's style that they made one in each adult size. Soho in London is the place to buy shoes.
1. I hate vegetables.
NINE places I've visited:
9. Salzburg, Austria (I lived there for about a year during the 98-99 school year)
8. Prague, Czech Republic (by far the coolest Eastern European city you'll ever see... And the people speak PERFECT English. Like better than in NYC.)
7. Vancouver, Canada & Seattle, Washington (My mom took me for my college graduation).
6. England, Ireland & Scotland (Definitely the coolest, most beautiful places that I've ever seen abroad)
5. Paris, France (The crappiest little city in the world... Literally... There's bird crap and garbage everyone and the people are crappy, too)
4. Fenway Park, Camden Yards, Skydome, Citizens Bank Park, Wherever the Oakland A's play (I like baseball)
3. Budapest, Hungary (My friend got her tongue pierced here, so I just remember trying to find her baby food and buying a huge loaf of bread for like $.10)
2. Iceland (Overall, not so cool (or rather, very cold), but the Blue Lagoon is one of the most relaxing places you could ever want to be)
1. Sebago Lake, Maine (My most favorite place, ever).
EIGHT things I want to achieve in life:
8. Find a job that makes me happy and sustains my current way of living
7. Move to southern Maine
6. Make more friends
5. Open a store with my husband
4. Buy a house
3. Spend summers in Sebago Lake, Maine with my family and friends
2. Make Bill deliriously happy
1. Get this child out of my uterus. And then ensure that he's happy and healthy in life.
SEVEN ways to win my heart:
7. Accept me for who I am - I ain't changing
6. Cook me a good meal involving chicken and potatoes
5. Play me a good song
4. Be my friend
3. Get excited about stupid television shows with me
2. Compliment me
1. Sorry, even if you tried all of the above things, Bill Doughty has my heart
SIX things I believe:
6. If you lie to me, know that I will never trust you again
5. People who rape children should be castrated
4. We speak English in America... Learn it or leave.
3. Faith is important. Religion is bad. Especially if you try to convert people.
2. Whether you like men or women, if you can find true love, you should be respected.
1. Don't bother trying to change my mind about politics... I know they're all a bunch of idiots. And not the good kind.
FIVE things I'm afraid of:
5. Political and/or religious fanaticism.
3. Being alone
2. The dark
1. Being a bad mommy and/or wife
FOUR of my favorite things:
4. Spending time doing absolutely nothing with my husband
2. Frozen yogurt from Inside Scoop
1. Watching TV
THREE things I do everyday:
2. Rub my belly (say Hi to Liam)
TWO things I'm not trying to do right now:
1. Assume the Red Sox are going to win the game... You know what you do when you assume...
ONE person I want to see right now:
1. (tie) My hubby and my son (but like Bill said, I have to wait til June to see Liam)